BeyondUnreal Official IRC Channel
The official BeyondUnreal IRC channel is a place where any visitors to BeyondUnreal can come to chat about anything Unreal-related... and anything not Unreal-related.
- Server: irc.enterthegame.com
- Port: 6667
- Channel: #beyondunreal (primary channel)
- Channel: #fragbu (talk with others regarding the weekly FragBU event)
IRC Rules and Guidelines
As with any official BeyondUnreal community area, our official IRC channel has rules and guidelines that must be abided by in order to ensure a good experience for anyone, new or seasoned veteran.
- Do not post porn/warez/malicious links
- Do not harass other members
In general, the decision of the channel operator that is available will be the final word. However, if you feel you have been unfairly treated, appeals may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Popular IRC Clients
There are a number of popular IRC clients that people use. Here is a short list of some of the most popular. Instructions and support for installing IRC clients can be found at thedevelopers pages, linked below.
- X-Chat 2 - Freeware IRC client based upon the X-Chat project
- mIRC - Probably the most popular IRC client. SHAREWARE.
- Irssi - A nice IRC client for Windows, but the client of choice for command-line Linux
When visiting the channel, you can identify the channel operators by the @ symbol next to the nickname. If you are in need of assistance for issues that arise in IRC, feel free to ask one of these individual.
Additionally, some, but not all, may be able to help you with any needs you may have for the BeyondUnreal website or forum. You may also send an email to email@example.com.
Other Useful IRC Channels
There are a few other IRC channels that we recommend visiting, depending on your needs. However, remember that these channels are not owned, run or controlled by any of the BU staff.
- #ut - The official Unreal Tournament IRC channel. If you can find an Epic employee on IRC, chances are it is in this channel.
- #unrealwiki - Official channel of the Unreal Wiki.
- #unrealscript - One of the Unreal Wiki's IRC channels, for help with UnrealScript.
- #unrealed - Another Unreal Wiki IRC channel for help with mapping questions.
If you need any help with the above listed channels, please ask the operators in those channels for direction.